The Trade Desk
- Reach out to email@example.com to enable the integration. Let the team know the launch date, what inventory type you're running (Dispay/Native vs OTT), and the tier structure you'd like applied for this type of marketing activity.
- Follow the instructions below to apply URL parameters and impression pixels to all placements within the The Trade Desk platform. These parameters and pixels use macros and do not need to be manually replaced. This must be completed before launch.
- Follow the below instructions to set up automated spend reporting from The Trade Desk to Rockerbox. This should also be completed before launch.
- A day after launch, confirm that tracking is applied to all your ads using the Digital Advertising page. More info on QAing your tracking can be found here.
- Append the click-through URL parameters to your landing page URLs.
- Apply the impression pixel to all active ads. Note the inventory type (Display, Video, OTT) and make sure you apply to correct pixel for the inventory type you're running.
These parameter values use macros and do not need to be manually replaced. Their values will be dynamically filled by the platform when the ad is served.
Display URL Parameters
Display Impression Tracking Pixel
Video URL Parameters
Video Impression Tracking Pixel
OTT or Streaming Audio URL Parameters
OTT or Streaming Audio Impression Tracking Pixel
Batch Spend Report
Net new customers should follow the TTD API setup instructions.
- In the Trade Desk platform, create the report. Go to MyReports and click the + TSV/CSV Report to create your report with the following columns:
Ad Group ID
Supply Vendor Integer ID
Advertiser Cost (USD)
01 - Click Conversion
01 - View Through Conversion
- Set the scheduled report to run daily, delivering yesterday’s data each day
- Reach out to your Trade Desk rep to set up the S3 transfer to Rockerbox. You will need to provide them with
- The execution number of The Trade Desk report that you set up in the step above. You can find the execution ID by looking at Generated Reports (under the templates within MyReports). (If it’s not a column, select show columns and add Execution ID.)
- The Rockerbox S3 bucket info, which will be provided by firstname.lastname@example.org
API Spend Integration
Complete the below steps to authenticate The Trade Desk in Rockerbox.
- The Trade Desk must grant you access to the MyReports API (if not already granted). If you do not have access, ask your TTD rep to kick off this process.
- Allow Rockerbox to manage access to your MyReports API. To complete this, reach out to your TTD rep approving Rockerbox to access the API on your behalf, and request that TTD provide the access letter. Send the below if you'd like
"We need our partner, Rockerbox (cc'ed), to access the reporting API in order to report on TTD spend in the Rockerbox platform. We approve Rockerbox to access the API on our behalf. Please send over the access letter so that we can complete this step."
- Grant Rockerbox access to the below Report IDs
- Go-forward spend: 2554829
- Historical spend: 2681145
- Once the above steps are complete, authenticate your TTD account in Rockerbox in the Advertising Platform page. You will need your Partner ID, Account ID, Username, and Password, which The Trade Desk will provide for you.