Pinterest - Viewthrough Integration
Rockerbox and Pinterest partnered to create an integration that allows Rockerbox to more accurately reflect Pinterest performance. With this integration, Rockerbox attributes conversions to Pinterest not just for clicks, but also for views and engagements.
This conversion segment will include all attributed conversions across channels including Pinterest views. Due the limitations above, this conversion is not available as a shared warehousing dataset.
- You must be firing the Pinterest tag on your website (see below under Verifying the Pinterest Tag for instructions to verify this)
- You agree to allow Rockerbox to send a daily performance (Buckets Breakdown) report to Pinterest, filtered to Pinterest touchpoints
How the Integration Works
- Pinterest sends to Rockerbox a daily, log-level feed of site visitors driven by Pinterest views, engagements, and clicks
- If a user with a Pinterest view or engagement based touchpoint converts, Pinterest will be credited as a touchpoint on that user's path to conversion
- View + click based conversions will appear in the same 5-tiered structure in Rockerbox. There will not be differentiation between view and click based conversions in reporting.
Verifying the Pinterest Tag
This integration requires that you correctly set up the Pinterest tag on all pages of your website.
To verify this setup:
- Open up your browser
- Go to your homepage. Make sure you do not have an ad blocker on.
- Open up
Inspector > Console
- Type in window.pintrk.tagId in the Console.
- If it returns a number, then the tag is firing correctly and you are all set.
- If it does not, then the Pinterest pixel is not implemented on the page you’re visiting.
- If this is the case, then you need to work with Pinterest to add this pixel.