Changes in Facebook Synthetic Event Modeling
Rockerbox has made some exciting improvements to the way view-based marketing touchpoints from Facebook are modeled and reported on in Rockerbox.
A full summary of the modeling process can be found here.
The changes to the modeling process include:
- Stronger classification of campaign types from Facebook's reporting
- Facebook campaign names are being classified by naming conventions (ex prospecting vs retargeting)
- Campaign types are mapped back to specific types of users (ex only repeat site visitors are eligible for a retargeting touchpoint
- Assignment of users to campaigns is now done based on number of conversions versus estimated conversion rate of campaign
- Previously: volume of synthetic events created was based on conversion rates from Facebook's reporting
- Now: volume of synthetic events created are based on the total conversion volume reported by Facebook for each campaign, rather than just the conversion rate.
- User eligibility requirements are more closely aligned to observed behavior
- Touchpoints against individual campaigns are assigned to specific users based on the campaign's targeting parameters and the observed behavior of the user