Partnering with Rockerbox
If you are a new partner - welcome! Rockerbox will need to scope your tracking & reporting capabilities so we can best understand how to report on performance in our platform.
The scoping questions we ask are centered around our goal of making it easy for all clients (current & future) to see full performance of your channels in Rockerbox.
How this benefits Marketing Partners
1. Rockerbox clients are more likely to consider using your services, since you will be listed as a standard integrated partner.
2. Streamlined onboarding process for new clients that do launch, since standard requirements would already be in place.
For standard or custom (one-off) integrations, we will need to scope the items below.
What Rockerbox Needs from Marketing Partners
Tracking all marketing touchpoints is critical for Rockerbox to be able to report on performance in-platform, which allows your brands to make optimizations using Rockerbox data.
- Refer to this guide for how Rockerbox tracks touchpoints across channels, both Digital and Offline.
In addition to tracking marketing touchpoints, Rockerbox needs to receive spend reporting. Ingesting spend in Rockerbox enables your brands to use Rockerbox data to make optimizations using key performance metrics such as CPA and ROAS.
- Spend reports must be sent by Marketing Partners. Rockerbox does not support pulling spend data directly from our Partners’ platforms.
- Whenever possible, spend report delivery should be automated.
- All reporting must align with our requirements here. Reports can be automated or manual, depending on your capabilities to automate reporting that aligns with our requirements.
Please read our requirements carefully. All requirements listed are hard requirements, and your files will not process in our platform if they do not meet these.
What to include in your spend reports?
- Core Fields: These fields are required for all spend integrations. This will allow Rockerbox to break out spend by date in-platform.
- Specific Fields: The specific fields to include depend on what fields are available in the touchpoints Rockerbox is tracking.
- Broadly, the fields to include in the spend report should match the fields in the tracking.
If Rockerbox is receiving Campaign ID & Creative ID in the touchpoints we’re tracking, the fields to include in the spend report should be:
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Creative ID
- Creative Name
This will allow Rockerbox to report on performance on Campaign and Creative levels.
1. The report must be available in an identical format across all accounts / customers
2. Reporting should be automated
3. If reporting cannot be automated, the partner will be responsible for sending