Time Period Comparison
Examining current performance alongside historical data is crucial for identifying trends. As a marketer, it is essential to understand the changes that have occurred to inform your next steps in cross-channel budgeting, optimizations, and even pacing.
Rockerbox's Time Period Comparison feature enables flexible comparison of core metrics over time, facilitating easy identification of the next action.
1. Setting up your comparison
2. Common Use Cases
- Trending Performance: identify daily and weekly ongoing optimization opportunities by setting up a week-over-week or month-over-month comparison. This will help you identify how spend, CPA, and ROAS are changing over time as you execute optimizations, including:
- Opportunities to ramp up spend as performance improves or strong performance is maintained
- Opportunities to further optimize or cut back on spend as performance begins to decline
- Measure Impact over Key Time Periods: easily quantify the impact of key time periods, events, or tests by setting up comparisons against custom date ranges, including:
- Comparing spend and performance across channels for monthly, quarterly, annual promos (ex BFCM -- how does spend and performance compare to last year?)
- Comparing conversion volume and performance results from single channel or cross channel tests. Ex what was the impact to overall conversions and per channel conversions when I cut Facebook spend by 20% last week compared to the prior.
3. FAQ for Time Period Comparison
- Can I compare entire quarters, years, or other large time frames within the time period comparison.