Facebook (Auto Append)
Rockerbox’s Facebook Auto Append process can automatically update your Facebook campaign tracking over time. This is the easiest method to apply Rockerbox parameters for Facebook.
Requirements & Constraints
- The user who authenticates your Facebook accounts with Rockerbox must have ads_management access
- The user who authenticates your Facebook accounts with Rockerbox must have access to all pages and accounts where ads exist
- Ensure Manage Campaigns is switched on within the Facebook account
- Rockerbox must be given permission to edit ads in order to automatically append parameters
- Any ads using the deprecated ad key crop size 191x100 must be manually updated to remove this size before parameters can be automatically added, following the steps here
- Landing pages cannot be set as bit.ly links
- Landing pages must be set directly in Facebook, rather than in a third party ad server
- Landing pages must drive to Rockerbox-tracked site rather than a third party landing page or retail site
- Tracking needs to be manually appended following the steps here, or
- The outside accounts must grant the account that is authenticated in Rockerbox Page Admin access, following the steps here
If you have MULTIPLE FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS, including accounts run on your behalf by agencies or other third parties, you must authenticate ALL accounts to Rockerbox to ensure that tracking is applied correctly and that spend is ingested. On the integrations page for Facebook, confirm that all your Facebook accounts are present in the Account dropdown. If you are missing an account, complete the authentication process for any missing accounts.
What to Expect
Rockerbox parameters will be appended to the URL tags field on all ads below a modifiable impression threshold. Ads will enter re-optimization.
Enabling Facebook Auto-Append
- Click Add Feature
- Click Facebook Auto Params
- Wait for Rockerbox to ingest information from your Facebook account. This process can take up to 5 minutes. To see if your data has been ingested, refresh your screen.
- For each account in the Select Account dropdown, enable the automatic addition of parameters for current and future campaigns by clicking the Enable Auto-Update toggle (upper right)
The Validate Tracking section will not show errors until at least 1 day after tracking has been implemented.