Facebook / META (Auto Append)
Rockerbox’s is able to apply tracking automatically to most Facebook Ads using the Facebook / META API. This automatically appends a set of Rockerbox parameters to all relevant objects in your Facebook / META account. All UTMs and other custom parameters will remain in place.
- Authenticate your Facebook account(s) here. This will allow Rockerbox to ingest daily spend and apply our parameters automatically to your ads.
***Note as with any edits to your Facebook ads, applying parameters will cause ads to be sent into a brief re-learning phase.
- Reach out to email@example.com letting them know the channel, the launch date, and the tier structure you'd like applied for this type of marketing activity.
- The day after launch, confirm that tracking is applied to all your ads using the Advertising Platform page. More info on QAing your tracking can be found here.
- If you see that tracking is not applied to specific placements, review the requirements and constraints below and edit your settings as needed. If ads are still missing tracking, take next steps to manually append tracking.
Requirements & Constraints
- The user who authenticates your Facebook accounts with Rockerbox must have ads_management access
- The user who authenticates your Facebook accounts with Rockerbox must have access to all pages and accounts where ads exist
- Ensure Manage Campaigns is switched on within the Facebook account
- Rockerbox must be given permission to edit ads in order to automatically append parameters
- Any ads using the deprecated ad key crop size 191x100 must be manually updated to remove this size before parameters can be automatically added, following the steps here
- Landing pages cannot be set as bit.ly links
- Landing pages must be set directly in Facebook, rather than in a third party ad server
- Landing pages must drive to Rockerbox-tracked site rather than a third party landing page or retail site
In this case, one of the two steps below needs to be taken.
Option 1: Tracking needs to be manually appended following the steps here, or
Option 2: The outside accounts must grant the account that is authenticated in Rockerbox Page Admin access, following the steps here to allow us to automatically append our tracking.
If you have MULTIPLE FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS, including accounts run on your behalf by agencies or other third parties, you must authenticate ALL accounts to Rockerbox to ensure that tracking is applied correctly and that spend is ingested.
On the integrations page for Facebook, confirm that all your Facebook accounts are present in the Account dropdown. If you are missing an account, complete the authentication process for any missing accounts.
What to Expect
Rockerbox parameters will be appended to the URL tags field. Ads will enter re-learning.
Enabling Facebook Auto-Append
- Click Add Feature
- Click Facebook Auto Params
- Wait for Rockerbox to ingest information from your Facebook account. This process can take up to 5 minutes. To see if your data has been ingested, refresh your screen.
- For each account in the Select Account dropdown, enable the automatic addition of parameters for current and future campaigns by clicking the Enable Auto-Update toggle (upper right)
If your site is Shopify hosted, reach out to your Rockerbox CSM to set up alternative tracking to attribute Shop conversions.