Segment Server-Side Data
If not, you can follow our Segment Onsite Data Collection guide to get that configured.
Sending Data from Server-Side Sources to Rockerbox
If you use Segment to track activity and conversions from your servers, mobile apps, CRM, or other non-website data source, you’ll need to use Webhooks to send that data over to Rockerbox.
You will need Source Admin privileges on your Segment account in order to make these changes.
Configure Webhooks Destination
1) In your Segment Account, go to Destinations, and click Add Destination.
2) Search for “Webhooks” and select it.
3) Click the Configure Webhooks button.
4) Select the Source you would like to connect. If you have environments configured, ensure you are using the the Prod source.
5) Next, you’ll need to enter your Rockerbox Webhook into your destination settings. Select Webhooks, fill in your URL and click Save.
Your Webhook URL is available from your Rockerbox account manager.
6) You’ll also need to enter your Rockerbox Shared Secret into your destination settings. Select Shared Secret, fill in your secret, and click Save.
Your Shared Secret is available from your Rockerbox account manager.
7) Activate the new Destination by flipping the on/off switch
8) After saving your Webhook URL & Shared Secret, click the Switch to enable the destination! A blue check means that the destination is live and sending data.
To verify that the webhooks are sending data to Rockerbox, you can view the Segment Webhooks Status page in your Rockerbox dashboard. It may take a few minutes to first appear — if you don’t see data at first, try refreshing again.