Buckets Breakdown Report Overview
What does this report show?
- The Buckets Breakdown report enables you to calculate CPA/ROAS against marketing placements at all levels of granularity for new and existing users.
- For a given time frame, it shows all marketing spend and conversions mapped back to each marketing placement
When to use this report
This report should be leveraged for enhanced analysis and reporting outside of the Attribution Report view.
Examples of when to use this report:
- Comparing New vs. Repeat customer performance
- Comparing performance by Tactic, Audience, or Creative all at once
- Comparing performance across multiple attribution types
Primary Use Cases
The primary use cases for leveraging the Buckets Breakdown include:
Report schema and Definitions
See here for schema and associated definitions
1) What do the values starting with NTF mean? NTF stands for “New to File” - this represents all conversions and revenue from New Customers Only
2) Which conversion/revenue values have the multi-touch model applied? The “normalized” values are your conversion & revenue values with the MTA model applied
How to leverage the Buckets Breakdown Report
When using the Buckets Breakdown report - you will need to utilize a Pivot table along with custom fields to create the view best suited to answer your priority questions.
If you optimize to a CPA goal
If you optimize primarily to a CPA goal, you will want to include custom fields in your pivot table to calculate CPA by attribution type and customer type (new vs. repeat).
These can be copied and pasted directly into your google sheet/excel doc.
First touch: =if(first_touch=0,0,(spend)/(first_touch))
Last touch: =if(last_touch=0,0,(spend)/(last_touch))
Even weight: =if(even=0,0,(spend)/(even))
New customers (normalized): =if(ntf_normalized=0,0,(spend)/(ntf_normalized))
Returning customers (normalized): =if(normalized-ntf_normalized = 0,0,(spend)/(normalized-ntf_normalized))
If you optimize to a ROAS goal
If you optimize primarily to a ROAS goal, you will want to include custom fields in your pivot table to calculate ROAS by attribution type and customer type (new vs. repeat).
First touch: =if(spend=0,0,revenue_first_touch/spend)
Last touch: =if(spend=0,0,revenue_last_touch/spend)
Even weight: =if(spend=0,0,revenue_even/spend) MTA/Normalized: =if(spend=0,0,revenue_normalized/spend) Returning customers (normalized): =if(spend=0,0,(revenue_normalized - ntf_revenue_normalized)/spend)
New customers (normalized): =if(spend=0,0,ntf_revenue_normalized/spend)
See Buckets Breakdown - Primary Use Cases for step-by-step instructions for specific use cases.