Launching New Channels and Partners
In order to ensure you’re able to see marketing performance and user behavior against each marketing channel, each channel needs to be tracked in Rockerbox.
New vendor setup varies by ad platform, but in general may include
- Tracking clicks
- Tracking views
- Ingesting spend
Here's a quick checklist to run through before launching with a new partner to ensure it's tracked in Rockerbox.
1. Check Rockerbox Tracking
Rockerbox has partnerships with dozens of the most common marketing partners, spanning both digital and offline channels.
A full list of existing, supported integrations can be found here.
A) If you're launching with a vendor Rockerbox has an existing integration with, proceed to Step 2
B) If you're launching with a vendor Rockerbox does not have an existing integration with, reach out to email@example.com. They will provide additional information on whether this type of integration is feasible, and if yes will provide next steps to further scope the integration with the vendor. Note that timing for building the integration is undefined, since it depends on the capabilities of the vendor.
For net new integration requests, please reach out to Rockerbox as soon as possible so requirements can be scoped. New integrations are prioritized based on demand, so timing cannot be guaranteed.
2. Set up the integration
- Enable the integration by selecting "Connect New Account" in the Advertising Platforms page. Specific integrations may direct you to contact the Rockerbox support team.
- Follow the instructions to set up tracking and spend, which can be found either in the UI or in our vendor-specific documentation. Note tracking must be applied before the channel launches to ensure activity is captured in Rockerbox.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know the below. If any additional info is required to complete the integration setup, they will follow up.
- Platform Name
- Launch Date
- Reporting tier structure
3. QA Tracking
The day after your ads launch, QA to confirm that both spend and marketing activity are being tracked as expected. This is required for all digital channels, and can be done via the Advertising Platforms page for most integration. Instructions are below.
This will involve
- Spend: confirming spend is being collected in Rockerbox
- Clicks: confirming URL parameters are applied to all ads
- Impressions: (if relevant) confirming that impression pixels are firing for all placements
Tips for Channel Launches
You've launched a new marketing channel! Here are tips for what to look for to determine success of the channel in the context of the rest of your marketing mix.