Authenticating your account
You will need to request your Client ID and Client Secret from your Taboola reps. These fields are required to authenticate your Taboola account in Rockerbox, which allows Rockerbox to pull in spend data
There are two types of tracking that can be used for this platform. For each ad, you should select the tracking type from the table below.
When to use
What to use
When an ad clicks through to your website
Tracking parameters (see instructions below)
Impression tracking pixel
When an impression is produced.
Tracking parameters (see instructions below).
- Open the Campaign Management page
- Click the pencil icon for an existing campaign
- In the Tracking section, append the parameters below to any existing parameters in the Tracking Code box.
Your URLs should follow the structure guidelines available here.
Impression Tracking Pixel
Implement the impression tracking pixel on all campaigns. These parameter values use macros and do not need to be manually replaced–their values will be dynamically filled by the platform when the ad is served.
- Open the Campaign Management page and click the pencil icon for an existing campaign
- In the Tracking > 3rd Party Tags section, clicks “Add Tag”
- Set the Tag Type to “3rd Party Pixel” and Event Type to “Impressions”
- Apply the Rockerbox impression pixel to the Tag field for all ads
For more information about adding Taboola parameters, look here.