Discrepancies between internal data and Rockerbox data
When comparing your internal data to Rockerbox data, you may see slight discrepancies and don’t worry, that’s normal!
We expect to see a 5-12% discrepancy between the two data sets. There a number of causes for this, which include:
- Timezone differences: Rockerbox reporting is standardized to UTC time
- Due to the timezone differences, day over day variances > 5-10% are expected. The variance will normalize over a longer time period (week, month)
- Returns or cancellations: Rockerbox does not account for returned or cancelled orders -- meaning they will appear in Rockerbox data
- If Rockerbox tracks conversions via an on-site pixel (GTM)
- Normal discrepancies caused by pixel based tracking, where the pixel may not fire 100% of the time
- Differences in implementation: Rockerbox pixels firing through GTM versus other internal tracking
- Page load times (if the Rockerbox pixel is based on that as a trigger)
For example, if Rockerbox is missing 10 orders in a day, these would not have only been driven by a single channel. Therefore the relative conversion count and ROAS or CPA across channels will not be impacated.