Goals & Recommendations: identifying optimization opportunities
Rockerbox's Goals & Recommendations feature makes it easier than ever to identify in-channel optimization opportunities based on a target CPA or ROAS.
Simply set your goal and an optional daily budget -- either on the platform level or more granularly -- and Rockerbox will both
- Report on actual performance against the goal as you optimize over time
- Provide recommendations to increase or decrease campaign-level spend to help you reach your target CPA / ROAS
This functionality is currently available for advertising platforms where Rockerbox supports platform-reported performance.
Overview of Goals & Recommendations
How to navigate the Goals & Recommendations feature
How to leverage the Goals & Optimizations feature for turn-key optimizations & recommendations
Goals & Recommendations - Detailed
Setting a budget
The budget set against a specific channel or subset of campaigns will be applied to the same period of time selected in the date picker. For example,
- Past 30 days (default) are selected when Goals setup is launched --> budget will be set for the next 30 days
- Past 7 days are selected when the Goals setup is launched --> budget will be set for the next 7 days.
Recommendations are available on the campaign level, and involve increasing or decreasing spend to reach your target CPA or ROAS. Recommendations might look like the below:
- On Target: CPA or ROAS is within 10% of the set goal, and the campaign makes up at least 5% of total spend
- Increase Spend: CPA or ROAS is over-performing by at least 10%, and the campaign makes up at least 5% of total spend
- Decrease Spend: CPA or ROAS is under-performing by at least 10%, and the campaign makes up at least 5% of total spend
Recommendation Logic (Detailed)
Recommendations for a Fixed Goal are based on the % variance between a campaign's current CPA / ROAS and the goal CPA / ROAS. The % differences is then applied to spend to create a recommendation.
Recommendations for 7 Day Exponential Moving Average goals are based on a 7 day exponential moving average of CPA / ROAS. Similarly to Fixed Goals, the % variance between current and target performance is applied to spend to create a recommendation.
Recommendations that include a target budget account for your total budget in determining how much spend should optimized across campaigns. For example if you are over-budget, a higher % of spend will be recommended to remove from poorly performing campaigns.
A campaign must make up at least 5% of spend within your filtered campaigns to generate a recommendation.