Custom Credit Allocation
Rockerbox offers multiple attribution types to align with how you measure performance for each marketing channel.
We acknowledge, however, that attribution is not one-size fits all! Sometimes platform limitations (ex lack of view-based tracking), outside lift studies (ex a geo-lift test), or business cases may create a need for further customization of how much credit each marketing channel should receive.
To solve for this, Rockerbox allows you to customize the amount of credit allocated to each channel.
- How to re-distribute credit across channels
- Detailed logic for credit redistribution
- Common use cases for credit redistribution
1. How to Redistribute Credit Across Channels
2. Detailed Logic for Credit Redistribution
3. Common Use Cases
- Crediting only paid channels / removing credit from non-paid channels (commonly requested by agencies, acquisition teams)
- Removing credit from Direct and re-allocating it across other channels.
- Increasing credit given to specific hard-to-track channel. You may know this should have more attributed credit based on the outcome of lift studies, or a click:view based conversion ratio.
- Removing credit from certain bottom of funnel channels (Email, Brand Search) that convert users at a high rate but are not driving new users into the funnel.
- Can I reallocate credit on a more granular level than Tier 1? Ex if Brand Search is currently categorized on the Tier 3 level
- Not today -- credit is allocated on the Tier 1 level, and distributed evenly across all more granular placements.
- Can I export the updated view of Cross-Channel attribution?
- Not today -- this feature lives only in the UI.
- Will the results of Custom Credit Allocation appear in other UI views?
- Not today. Custom Credit Allocation involves increasing credit assigned to some channels and decreasing credit assigned to others, so is isolated to the Rockerbox Cross-Channel report which shows all channel performance in one place.