Weekly Tactical Optimizations in Rockerbox
What to focus on:
Focus on identifying in-channel optimizations based on target CPA/ROAS
- Where should I shift spend within a given channel to drive efficiency?
- How is performance this week compared to last week? Did my previous optimizations result in improved performance
Watch our webinar on-demand here for a step-by-step tutorial on tactical optimizations in Rockerbox!
Use Case #1: Optimize within channels based on de-duplicated performance
View to leverage: Attribution Report
- The Attribution Report view in Rockerbox shows for a given time frame, all marketing spend and conversions mapped back to each marketing placement
- This view enables you to see weighted CPA/ROAS against marketing placements for new and existing users
How to Use view weekly:
- Determine de-duplicated CPA/ROAS target based on baseline performance (Guide here)
- Identify optimization opportunities within channels - based on which placements are performing against your target
- Start with small shifts and monitor for improvements in CPA/ROAS
Use Case #2: Optimize within channels based on in-platform vs. RB performance
View to leverage: First-party attributed performance
- The First Party Attributed performance view allows you to compare platform-reported performance (ex Facebook, TikTok) to de-duplicated performance (Rockerbox reporting).
How to Use view weekly:
- If performance of a given placement is poor in Rockerbox or is not hitting your de-duplicated performance target, also consider if the placement is hitting your in-platform benchmark
- If not, there may be an opportunity to decrease bids or budget
- If performance of a given placement is poor in-platform or is not hitting your in-platform performance target, look if it is hitting your de-duplicated target
- If it is, you should consider not cutting spend
Use Case #3: Reporting on de-duplicated performance
Gsheets template to leverage: Marketing performance report
- The Marketing Performance template enables you to view weighted CPA/ROAS against marketing placements for new and existing users.
- For a given time frame, it shows all marketing spend and conversions mapped back to each marketing placement
When to Use: This template should be leveraged for enhanced analysis and reporting outside of the Attribution Report view
- Layering Rockerbox data into your weekly/monthly/quarterly performance reports
- Comparing New vs. Repeat customer performance
- Comparing performance by Tactic or Audience
See here for primary use cases