Rockerbox provides the ability to customize and adjust the information that is collected by Rockerbox. While this flexibility facilitates meaningful tracking and analytics, it also necessitates extra focus on managing end users’ PII.
Sending PII to Rockerbox
- Rockerbox recommends that all customers send any and all PII to Rockerbox in hashed formats. Common PII elements include:
- Shipping address
- IP Address (Rockerbox automatically transforms and stores the hash of the last 3 octets of any incoming IP data)
Rockerbox recommends an MD5 hash atop any PII being sent to Rockerbox.
Passing PII via GTM Pixel
- Pass hashed value into the datalayer
- Add the above variable to GTM
- Pass hashed value on Rockerbox purchase pixel using the standard field name
List of standard field names here
Updated over 1 year ago